The Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 is a self-employment scheme launched by the Telangana Government with a motive to provide better job opportunities to all unemployed eligible people in the state.
Table of Contents
Overview of the Scheme
|Article Name||Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023|
|Launched||Government of Telangana|
|Beneficiary||Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Group|
|Motive||Helping unemployed people with a job opportunity.|
|Benefits||60% Subsidy or Rs.5 Lakh will be provided by the Governmenton the purchase of a car.|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
What is the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023?
The Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 is a very beneficial scheme that provides financial assistance to all eligible beneficiaries of Telangana in purchasing a car, after which they can then use it as cab services.
Under this scheme, the eligible beneficiaries will be provided with a better source of income for their livelihood which will reduce the unemployment scenarios in Telangana state. The Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme has a lot of positive impact on the lives of people in Telangana state and finally creates a good future among the people.
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme
The required eligibility criteria for the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 are:
- A Permanent resident of Telangana state.
- Age between (21 – 35) years.
- A valid driving license with three years of experience.
- Annual family income to be less than Rs. 1,50,000/-
- Must be SC, ST, or any backward group.
- Should have a white ration card.
Required Documents for Driver Owner Scheme
The following documents are required for Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate
- White ration card
- Bank passbook
- Passport-size photograph
How to Apply for the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme
To apply for the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme follow the steps:
- Visit the official website of the Telangana state online beneficiary management and monitoring system (obmms)
- Click on the “Apply for Driver Empowerment Programme” on the homepage.
- Fill out the online application form for the Driver-Owner Scheme 2023.
- Upload the required documents and submit the form.
Please note the following things to be done carefully while filling out the online application form
- Personal Details.
- Contact Details.
- Bank Account Details.
- Choosing the Car to be Purchased.
- Scanned Documents for uploading.
Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme Offline Method
For the Offline method follow the steps given below:
- Collect the application form from the zonal office of the Telangana State Minorities Finance Corporation.
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach all required documents.
- Submit the completed application form to the zonal office of TSMFC.
Please note the following things to be done carefully while filling out the offline application form
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Attach all the required documents, including attested copies.
- Check for mistakes before submitting the application form.
- Follow up with the TSMFC office regularly for the status of your application.
Details On The Selection Process
Here are the following processes given below:-
- The District Level Selection Committee will verify the received application forms and related documents for selection.
- The selected candidates have to undergo a training session at the Maruti Driving School.
- After the completion of the car training, the concerned Authority/Corporation will release the subsidy amount to the corresponding Bank.
- The Bank will then transfer the subsidy amount and bank loan amount to Maruti Motors Company for the purchase of a car as chosen by the selected candidate.
How to View the Beneficiary List of Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme?
To view the Beneficiary List following steps are to be followed
- Visit the official website of the Telangana Driver Empowerment Programme.
- Enter the Beneficiary ID/Mobile number, Driving Licence Number, and Date Of Birth.
- Click on “Get Details” to view the required information.
What are the important features of the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023?
The important features of the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 are as follows:-
- Financial Assistance: Financial assistance of up to 85% of the cost of the vehicle will be given by the Government and the remaining 15% has to be paid by the beneficiary.
- Bank Loan: The Telangana government will also help in providing easy bank loans to eligible candidates.
- Loan Repayment: The loan amount can be paid by the beneficiary in monthly installments over a period of 5-7 years.
- Training: The eligible beneficiaries will have to undergo special training on vehicle operation and maintenance before receiving financial assistance.
- Self-Dependent: With the implementation of the Driver-Owner Scheme in Telangana, the beneficiaries will gradually become self-dependent and can build a bright future for themselves.
- Standard Living: The standard of living of the beneficiaries will be improved thus improving the economic condition of the state.
- Employment Rate: The employment graph will be increased for the Telangana State thus creating a good future and balanced financial growth.
What are the benefits of the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023?
- Subsidy: The Telangana government will provide a subsidy of 60% on the total cost of the car or a maximum amount of Rs. 5,00,000/–
- Low Contribution: The beneficiary contribution will be Rs. 50,000/- and the remaining car cost will be provided as a bank loan.
- Self-employment opportunity: This scheme will help the beneficiaries to become self-employed and start their own cab services.
- Financial security: The Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 will help them with financial security for their safe future.
- Social development: It will improve social development activities and also the responsibility of taking care of their families.
- Asset Value: After the loan is repaid, the car will be their sole asset to them.
- Skill development: Under the scheme, the eligible beneficiaries can improve their driving skills.
Objectives of Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme
The objective of the Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 is given below
- To make Telangana people self-dependent and create a better living.
- To reduce the unemployment rate in Telangana state.
- Creating a happy society to live in.
- To improve the transportation infrastructure in Telangana for better communication.
- Development of entrepreneurship businesses and creating job opportunities.
- Helping the Telangana State to achieve social and economic development goals.
- It is a self-employment scheme started by the Telangana Government.
- The main objective is to support the eligible people of Telangana by giving them job opportunities.
- Also known as “Telangana Own Your Car Scheme” or “Telangana Drive Your Own Car Scheme“.
- This scheme will be implemented in Telangana with the help of the State Bank Of India, Maruti Motors, and Uber Cab Service.
- Beneficiaries will be selected by the District Level Selection Committee
Customer Care Details
The Telangana Driver-Owner Scheme is a government-sponsored initiative whose main motive is to provide job opportunities for unemployed people in Telangana. The scheme helps to provide financial assistance to all eligible beneficiaries to purchase a car.
Finally, we can say that the scheme is beneficial for both the beneficiaries and the Telangana state as it will create a better society, along with better transportation infrastructure. The Driver-Owner Scheme 2023 is an example of a great initiative taken by the Telangana Government to achieve the path of social and economic development goals.
I am V. Manohar, a B.Sc graduate. I am working on an online application and form fill-up-related work. Apart from keeping an eye on various government schemes, I like to share information about them through the Moneygita.