Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka, Karnataka electric bike subsidy amount.
In this article, all the information related to the electric bike subsidy in Karnataka or Karnataka electric bike subsidy amount including eligibility, required documents and Karnataka electric bike subsidy amount received process are discussed here in full detail.
Nowadays with the current trend and time, electric bikes are going to be people’s first choice for buying a convenient mode of transportation. And with the ongoing subsidy process from the Karnataka Government along with the Central Government, the public demand for electric bikes increases incredibly.
Through this article, we have discussed all the important details of the application procedure for availing of the electric bike subsidy so that the customers can get all the benefits from the Government. So let’s start the article Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka.
Table of Contents
Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka
Now on the purchase of electric bikes, the Government is giving a subsidy of around Rs 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) to the bike owners. And from the Karnataka Government, road tax exemption with no registration fee is being given to electric bike customers.
The Karnataka Government does not impose any kind of restrictions or rules on the income of the owner for receiving the electric bike subsidy from the Karnataka government.
Also, Electric bikes are very famous nowadays in Karnataka for their environment-friendly nature and also for the subsidies which are given by the Karnataka Government.
So anyone in the Karnataka State can avail of the subsidy for buying an electric bike irrespective of their income and location of purchase.
Karnataka Electric Bike Subsidy Amount
To accelerate the development of electric bikes in Karnataka, the government is offering a lot of subsidies and other offers to electric bike owners. Under the FAME 2 (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles) scheme, the Central Government is offering Rs 15,000 /- per Kwh to all-electric bike owners.
Besides the Central Government subsidy of Rs 15,000/-, Karnataka Government is also giving offers to electric bike customers on road tax exemption with no registration fees at all.
We can avail of the following subsidy benefit from the Karnataka Government
Road Tax Exemption
On the purchase of electric bikes in Karnataka the customer does not need to pay any road tax to the Karnataka Government.
Registration Fees Exemption
The customer after purchasing an electric bike does not need to pay the Registration Fees for the purchased electric bike.
Karnataka Electric Bike Subsidy Online Application
The online application process for the electric bike subsidy are:-
- For receiving the electric bike subsidy, first, we need to check for all the prevailing government conditions which should match our electric bike specifications to proceed further.
- Once the specifications for the electric bike match the Karnataka Government subsidy rules, then we should collect all the required documents including the bank account details for the online process.
- Then we need to submit the application form online with the correct details and upload the scanned documents online for approval of the electric bike subsidy by the concerned government department.
- We should wait for the approval of the submitted form which will take some time for verification.
- On successful processing of our approved application form, the subsidy amount will be directly credited to our given bank account.
Karnataka Electric Bike Subsidy Eligible Criteria
The eligible criteria for receiving the electric bike subsidy in Karnataka are as follows:-
- The purchased electric bike must attain a maximum speed of 25 km/h
- The purchased electric bike must have the capability of covering a range of 50 km for a single charge.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) must have certified the electric bike for covering all the specifications and valuations of a standard electric bike.
Karnataka Electric Bike Subsidy Documents Required for Application
The following documents are required for the application for an electric bike subsidy
|Proof of Identity||Aadhard Card, Passport|
|Proof of Residence||Voter Card, Ration Card|
|Proof of Income||Salary Slip, Tax Return|
Offline Application Process for Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka
- We should check the eligibility criteria of our purchased bike with the government rules/conditions for receiving the subsidy amount.
- Then we should visit the concerned government department or at Karnataka One Stop Shop (KOSS) for receiving the subsidy and other benefits from the Karnataka Government.
- After correctly filling up the application form for a subsidy, we should submit the application form along with the required documents to the Government officials of the concerned department.
- We should wait for the approval of our submitted application form which depends on the application form and submitted documents verification process.
- Once the approval is done, then the subsidy amount will be directly credited to our given bank account.
Documents Required for RTO Submission
Please note that to avail of the Karnataka Government subsidy benefit, the customer has to submit the following documents to the RTO (Reginal Transport Office) authorizing officials.
- A copy of the electric bike purchase Invoice/Bill
- A copy of proof of Identity
- A copy of the Residence proof
Once all the above relevant documents are submitted to the RTO Office, the RTO officials will issue a certificate of Road Tax and Registration Fees exemption.
Karnataka Electric Bike Important Points
The following important points are to be noted:-
- Please note that after the successful completion and approval of the online/offline application form for a subsidy, the subsidy amount from the Government will be credited directly to the applicant’s bank account within 30 days from the approval date.
- A subsidy received from the Central Government is a financial incentive paid directly to the owner of the electric bike.
- The Road Tax and Registration Fees are the Karnataka Government benefits which are available to all electric bike owners regardless of their income and their location.
Karnataka Electric Bike Subsidy Features
Besides the subsidy from the Karnataka Government, there are other features also available for the purchase of electric bikes given as follows
- According to the scheme of Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME-2) scheme, if someone is purchasing an electric two-wheeler, the owner of the electric bike will get a subsidy of up to Rs 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) from the Central Government.
- It is also to be noted that from the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME-2) scheme, we can get a subsidy of up to Rs 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand Only) on the purchase of electric three-wheelers
- Whereas if someone is purchasing electric two-wheelers in Delhi then by the scheme of Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy, a subsidy of up to Rs 30,000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand Only) will be available from the Delhi Government.
Reasons to Choose Electric Bike
All these above-mentioned subsidies from the Government make electric bikes a very good option to buy as a first choice as they are very affordable and non-polluting also. Electric bikes are easily manageable for long-distance travel without any extra transportation expenses.
As electric bikes are the best and most affordable option for transportation, they are gaining a lot of praise in today’s market.
So if anyone is planning to buy an electric bike then we must first check the subsidy amount which we will receive from the government along with the other benefits and incentives which we get on purchasing that electric bike.
In a short time, we can say electric bikes are the best vehicles to buy right now because of all the services, benefits, and subsidies which we receive from the Karnataka Government and Central Government.
(Article About- Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka, Karnataka electric bike subsidy amount)
Electric Bikes Advantages
The main advantage of the purchase of electric bikes is the eco-friendly nature and quality of ride. The other advantages of electric bikes are shared below:-
- Fast and flexible
- Environment-Friendly and Non-Polluting
- Good Speed
- Strong Battery Capacity
- Cover long distances
- Light Weight and Size
- Affordable Cost
- Different Types of Brands and Models are Available
Karnataka Electric Bike Highlights
Electric bikes are in high demand nowadays in Karnataka for all the benefits and services we get on purchasing electric bikes. Besides the benefits, the subsidy amount which we get from the Government is also helping electric bike buyers to save a lot of money.
After purchasing an electric bike and availing of the subsidy facility from the Karnataka Government, the electric bike owner can apply for the subsidy through an online/offline process.
Both the application process for the electric bike subsidy is made very simple by the Karnataka Government so that the owners of the electric bikes can avail of all the benefits along with the subsidy amount from the government.
After following some easy steps and procedures the electric bike owner can easily receive the subsidy amount from the Government directly in their bank account.
So for all these above features, we can say that electric bikes have captured the vehicle market and gaining a lot of fame for their environment-friendly quality.
Karnataka Electric Bike Benefits
Besides the financial benefits of the subsidy which we receive from the Government, there are other benefits also related to the purchase of electric bikes. Those benefits are given as below:-
The electric bikes are actually environmentally friendly and they produce almost zero emissions. So there is no chance of any type of air pollution from these electric bikes. This gives us a better environment to live with the health conditions around us.
Quite a Nature
Electric bikes are usually very quiet and almost no kind of sound is heard while driving the electric bike. Basically, we can say that electric bikes are quieter in comparison to diesel/petrol-based motorcycles and scooters while electric bikes are superior and ideal for use in urban areas.
Low Maintenance Cost
The maintenance cost for electric bikes is comparatively very less than the maintenance cost of gasoline-powered (petrol/diesel-based) vehicles.
Electric bikes have fewer body parts and equipment in comparison to diesel/petrol-based motorcycles, so by which the maintenance cost of electric vehicles is very less in comparison with other motor vehicles.
Electric bikes are very comfortable to ride around the town or market. As electric bikes are very light in weight for which they give us a smooth journey and we enjoy the ride for every moment of it.
Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka – Conclusion
For a convenient and smooth journey, electric bikes are now the first choice of all the people who love to go for a smooth ride around the town. For an environment-friendly and low maintenance cost, electric bikes are the best option right now.
They are very affordable and with the subsidy facilities from the government, the demand for electric bikes has increased a lot. And also with the benefit of having a government subsidy for availing the electric bike, people can save quite a bit of money for their necessities.
In this article, we have discussed the Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka, Karnataka electric bike subsidy amount, eligibility, and the documents required, Both Online /Offline Application Processes, Subsidy Amounts, Features, Advantages, and Benefits.
So finally we can say that if anyone is planning for buying a bike, then he should definitely go for the electric bike at once. For the subsidy amount which we receive from the government along with other benefits, electric bikes have marked their place among the top of all the other competitors of gasoline-based vehicles.
In short, we can say that Electric bikes are the future of the Indian transportation system which will make INDIA a pollution-free country in the future.
Hence If anyone is facing any kind of confusion or has any queries related to the Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka then please feel free to comment on our webpage. Our team is always ready for giving your correct information related to the Electric Bike Subsidy in Karnataka.
What is the subsidy for electric bikes in Karnataka?
The Central Government is offering a subsidy of amount Rs 15,000/- to the electric bike owners in Karnataka. Besides the Central Government subsidy, the Karnataka Government is also giving subsidies by including the exemption of Road Tax and Registration Tax after the purchase of electric bikes.
So by the Karnataka Government, the bike owners don’t need to pay the Road Tax and Registration Tax for their new electric bikes.
How many days take to get Electric bike subsidy?
It usually takes 30 days from the date of submission of the application form, for the electric bike subsidy amount to be received from the Government.
I’m Sourav, (BA) Graduate. Specialized content writer. Get accurate information from Moneygita.