Get a full list Of 60 Eastern Railway stations that are upgraded under Amrit Bharat Station Scheme 2023. ‘Amrit Bharat Station Scheme’ is a new scheme launched by the Central Government under which a total of 1309 stations are going to be redeveloped.
Out of that, 60 stations are chosen to be redeveloped under the Eastern Railway. A complete list of the stations coming under the Eastern Railway is provided.
Table of Contents
Amrit Bharat Station Scheme List Eastern Railway
In Eastern Railway, a total of 60 stations have been earmarked for redevelopment under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme. Out of these 60 stations, 38 stations from West Bengal are chosen, 10 stations from Bihar, and the remaining 12 stations are chosen for Jharkhand.
The following 38 stations in West Bengal under ER are earmarked for development:
- Khagraghat Road
- Azimganj Jn.
- Ambika Kalna
- Berhampore Court
- Kalyani Ghoshpara
- Dum Dum Jn.
- Malda Town
- New Farakka
- Jangipur Road
The following 10 stations in Bihar under ER are earmarked for development:
The following 12 stations in Jharkhand under ER are earmarked for development:
Information source: https://er.indianrailways.gov.in/view_detail.jsp?lang=0&dcd=6402&id=0,4,268
What is the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme?
‘Amrit Bharat Station Scheme’ is a new scheme which has been launched by the Central Government of India. Under this scheme, a total of 1309 stations are to be revamped across the various states and union territories in India.
Some of the states under this scheme are West Bengal, Bihar, Assam, Punjab, Tamil Nadu and many more. The redevelopment of the stations will provide modern-day amenities to the passengers.
On 6th August 2023, Sunday at 11 am, Our Honorable Prime Minister laid down virtually the Foundation Stone for the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme. The project is very large and will take much time for the completion. The stations to be revamped are set for a budget of more than Rupees 24,470 crores.
Aims and Objectives Of Amrit Bharat Station Scheme
- Amrit Bharat Station Scheme aims to strengthen connectivity and give access to roads so that the stations can function as City centers.
- Aims at implementing the Master Plan for the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme.
- Based on the obtainability of funds and inter-se priority, the scheme shall aim to meet the requirements of the contributors.
- The scheme will introduce the redevelopment of new features as well as the upgradation and renovation of the existing ones.
- Under the new scheme, it will not only serve the purpose of a journey but also will function as a business activity.
What are the improvements to be made under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme?
The improvements to be made under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme are as follows:
- Enlargement of Railways and Tracks – The length of the platforms shall be 600mts at all categories of stations to reduce overcrowding and also to provide good network efficiency.
- Ensuring Smooth Access to the Passengers – Broadening of roads, fully planned traffic areas, proper signboards and many more such things.
- Rejuvenation of passenger amenities – Modern amenities like waiting for halls both air-conditioned and non- ac rooms will be available, and parking lots, washrooms, refreshing activities, etc. will be available for the passengers in order to ensure a memorable journey.
- Sanitized drainage system – The railways will ensure to take utmost care of the drainage system in order to eradicate harmful diseases and will also ensure the cleaning of drains.
Thus, the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme is a very remarkable scheme taken for the redevelopment of the 60 railway stations under the Eastern Railway.
Eastern Railway Passengers will be greatly benefitted and will surely love the new environment. The scheme is a long-term scheme and will prove to be noteworthy in the near future.
I am V. Manohar, a B.Sc graduate. I am working on an online application and form fill-up-related work. Apart from keeping an eye on various government schemes, I like to share information about them through the Moneygita.