Know about the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship with the full online application process and eligibility criteria in this article.
Table of Contents
What is the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship?
The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is a very good scholarship scheme launched by the Ministry of Education under the Government of India with a motive to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families. The scheme focuses mainly on economically weaker sections to help them pursue higher education in colleges and universities.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of the Higher Secondary / Class 12th Board Examination which is administered through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Eligibility Criteria for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship scheme the following criteria are required:
- The applicant must have passed Class 12 from a recognized institution.
- Students who are above 80% of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class 12 or equivalent.
- The applicant must be pursuing courses at colleges/institutions which is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education and the respective Regulatory Bodies as concerned.
- The applicant must not be availing the benefit of any other scholarship schemes including State-run scholarship schemes/ fee waivers or any type of reimbursement schemes.
- The gross parental/family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs 4,50,000 per annum.
Please note students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence and diploma courses students are not eligible for this scheme.
What are the Documents Required for applying Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship?
The following documents are required for applying for the CSSS scheme:
- Aadhar Card
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Caste certificate & Disability certificate, if applicable
- Email ID
How to Apply for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship?
To apply for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship you have to complete two steps.
- 1st Step: Register yourself in the NSP Portal and collect your Application ID and Password.
- 2nd Step: With the Application ID and Password, apply for a fresh application with your required documents and personnel information.
1. How to Register for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship?
To get registered for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship follow the steps:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal
- Click on New Registration under the Login Header just below the Applicant Corner header.
- Read the guidelines and click on Continue.
- Enter your Mobile Number, OTP, Captcha, and click on Verify to proceed further.
- Next, we need to verify the Aadhar number with OTP and Captcha verification
- Click on Register after choosing the Scholarship type, Scholarship Category, and other details as shown.
- You will get your Registration Number (Application ID) after a successful registration process.
(Note down the Registration number/Application ID for future use)
2. Application Process for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
For the application process, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on Fresh Application under the Applicant Corner.
- Click on Login after entering the Application ID (Registration Number), Password (which will be sent to mobile), and Captcha.
- Change the password as directed.
- A dashboard page will open up showing your all details.
- Click on the Application Form on the left side to complete the application process.
- Fill in the General Information, Academic Details, and Other details carefully.
- Click on Save & Continue after filling in all required information.
- Enter contact details and click on Save as Draft below.
- Other features like Link DigiLocker, Check Your Status, Print Your Application, and Scheme Details are also available here.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Amount Details
|Graduation level for the first 3 years of College/University courses||Rs 12,000/- per annum|
|Post-Graduation level||Rs 20,000/- per annum|
|Students pursuing Professional courses||Rs 20,000/- per annum|
for 4th & 5th Year
|Students pursuing technical courses B.Tech, B.E.||Rs 12,000/- per annum|
for 1st,2nd,3rd Year
|Students pursuing technical courses B.Tech, B.E.||Rs 20,000/- per annum for 4th Year|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
|Contact No.||0120 – 6619540|
What is the last date for applying Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship?
The last date for applying Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is 31 December 2023.
What is the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme amount?
The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship amount given is between Rs 12,000 to Rs 20,000 per annum.
Who are not eligible for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship.
Students pursuing correspondence or distance or diploma courses and already availing the benefit from scholarship schemes like State-run scholarship schemes/ fee waiver & reimbursement schemes are not eligible to apply for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship.
The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship (CSSS) is a great initiative taken by the Government of India to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families. This scheme has helped many students to achieve their dream of higher studies and obtaining career goals.
This scholarship scheme has a great positive impact on our society by making higher education more affordable and accessible to all students. We can finally say that the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship has played a great role in the economic growth and development of the country.
I am V. Manohar, a B.Sc graduate. I am working on an online application and form fill-up-related work. Apart from keeping an eye on various government schemes, I like to share information about them through the Moneygita.