There are about 13 ANM Government Nursing Colleges in West Bengal where students can study Nursing in Government.
The name, addresses and seat numbers of 13 ANM Government Nursing Colleges in West Bengal are discussed in the table below.
Table of Contents
13 Government Colleges in West Bengal For ANM Nursing
|Institute Name||Institute Type||Course||Total Seats||Address|
|ANM(R) Training School, Vidyasagar S.G. Hospital||Govt.||ANM||60||Brahmo Samaj Rd, Vidyasagar Park, Behala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700034|
|Dr. H. C. Mukherjee Memorial Health School||Govt.||ANM||150||Singur, Hooghly, Pin Code – 712409, W.B|
|NTS, Asansol||Govt.||ANM||100||Asansol, Dist. – Paschim Bardhaman, Pin – 713301, Wes Bengal|
|ANM(R) Training School, Barasat District Hospital||Govt.||ANM||100||North 24 Pgs, Nandagarh, Barasat, West Bengal|
|Promotees Training School||Govt.||ANM||60||Jagatberh, Purba Bardhaman, West Bengal|
|ANM(R) Training School, Raghunathpur S D Hospital||Govt.||ANM||60||Purulia, West Bengal|
|ANM(R) Training School, Diamond Harbour Govt. MCH||Govt.||ANM||60||Harindanga, Diamond Harbour, W.B, Pin Code – 743331|
|ANM (R) Training School, ID&BG Hospital||Govt.||ANM||100||Subhas Sarobar Park, Phool Bagan, Beleghata, Kolkata, W.B|
|ANM(R) Training School, Kaliaganj SGH||Govt.||ANM||50||Uttar Dinajpur, Kaliyaganj, West Bengal|
|ANM(R)Training School, Jangipur SD Hospital||Govt.||ANM||50||Murshidabad District, West Bengal|
|ANM(R) Nursing Training School, Kakdwip S.D. Hospital||Govt.||ANM||70||Kakdwip, South 24 Parganas, W.B|
|ANM(R)Training School, Murshidabad Govt. MCH||Govt.||ANM||50||Raninagar, Gora Bazar, Berhampore, West Bengal|
|ANM(R)Training School, Domkol SSH||Govt.||ANM||50||Joyrampur, Domkal, West Bengal|
The above table gives the name, addresses and seat numbers of all the Government ANM Nursing Colleges in West Bengal. All this information is absolutely accurate and reliable as all this information is collected from the official website of the West Bengal Nursing Council. To know more you can visit the official website.
About ANM Nursing Course
The main objective of this Anm nursing course is to provide students with the necessary education and skills required to work as a nurse in healthcare facilities. If the students complete this course correctly, they get jobs in various healthcare organizations.
What ANM nurses do
An ANM nurse is a trained health care worker who plays an essential role in delivering primary health care services mainly to rural and underserved communities.
ANM nurses get the opportunity to work in various primary health care centers, sub-center and community health centers in West Bengal. These nurses provide nutrition counseling, health education and disease prevention in rural areas. It also provides maternal and child health care, family planning advice and immunization services to the general public.
Also, these nurses help control and prevent infectious diseases that spread mainly in rural areas. Provides first aid to patients and informs about nearby health care centers.
List of Government Colleges in West Bengal For ANM Nursing
- ANM(R) Training School, Vidyasagar S.G. Hospital
- ANM(R) Training School, Barasat District Hospital
- ANM(R) Training School, Raghunathpur S D Hospital
- ANM(R) Training School, Diamond Harbour Govt. MCH
- ANM (R) Training School, ID&BG Hospital
- ANM(R) Training School, Kaliaganj SGH
- ANM(R)Training School, Jangipur SD Hospital
- ANM(R) Nursing Training School, Kakdwip S.D. Hospital
- ANM(R)Training School, Murshidabad Govt. MCH
- ANM(R)Training School, Domkol SSH
- Dr. H. C. Mukherjee Memorial Health School
- NTS, Asansol
- Promotees Training School
ANM nursing courses in these colleges cover community health nursing, health promotion, child health nursing, primary health care nursing – i in the first year and midwifery, child health, community health and health center management in the second year.
Every year many nurses get the opportunity to work as a healthcare workers after completing their Anm course from these colleges.
Important Instructure for online application:
ANM nursing course is a two-year diploma course. Candidates willing to do this course have to appear in WBJEEB ANM & GNM exam. Here we will discuss some important information about this exam like – The exam Date, Eligibility to appear in the exam and get admission to the ANM course and things that students should keep in mind while applying online.
- This exam application has to be submitted online only. There is no option to do the offline application.
- The exam application form is available only on the official website (www.webjjeb.nic.in).
- Applicants should not fill out any kind of fake form.
- Applicants should have a valid phone number and email id. Because later all the important information will be sent by the board to this registered email id and phone number.
- At the time of registration, the applicant will fill the form after matching it with the original documents (admit card, mark sheet, photo identity card, etc.). Once submitted Name, the Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender and Date of Birth cannot be changed.
- Keep your application number and password safe. Do not share with anyone.
- You can make the examination fee payment through net banking, debit card, credit card and UPI.
- The examination fee for Schedule Cast, Schedule Tribe, OBC-A, OBC-B and Orphan candidates is Rs.300.
- Excluding these categories, the examination fee for all other candidates is Rs.400. Bank service charges may apply separately if applicable.
- Refunds will not be available after successful payment.
- Students should make the payment on time, payment may not be made due to server error or any other problem in the last few days.
- Take care of the confirmation page and admit card that will be given to the applicants.
- Check the official website of the board (www.wbjeeb.nic.in / www.wbjeeb.in) regularly to get the latest information regarding the exam.
Schedule of Examination
WBJEEB ANM(R) & GNM Exam will be held on 02-07-2023 (Sunday). Exam time is from 12.00 noon to 01.30 pm.
Eligibility criteria for Appearing in Examination:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India. Must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- The candidate’s birth must be before 31/12.2018. The candidate must be at least 17 years of age.
- Candidate must pass the examination of the Twelve (10+2) system only.
Eligibility criteria for Admission:
- Only women can take admitted to ANM courses. No male can take admitted to this course.
- Applicants should be able to read, write and speak a language very well either Bengali or Nepali.
- Applicant must pass 10+2 examination in English subject.
- Applicant must have passed the ’10+2′ examination from any recognized board and must have a minimum of 40% marks.
- The candidate should be medically fit and should provide a medical fitness certificate.
How can I get admission in ANM course in West Bengal?
To take admission in the ANM course in West Bengal Government Nursing College you have to first fill out the form for WBJEEB ANM & GNM entrance exam. Then you can take admitted to ANM courses in various nursing colleges in West Bengal according to your ranking in ANM & GNM entrance exam. However, some of the qualifications for taking admission in ANM courses are:
- Only women can take admission in the course.
- The applicant must be a resident of the Gram Panchayat area.
- Must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Applicants should be able to read and write in Bengali or Nepali.
- Applicant’s minimum age for admission is 17 years and the maximum age is 35 years.
- (10+2) examination must be passed with at least 40% marks.
If you have all these qualifications and have a good ranking in WBJEEB ANM & GNM entrance exam then you can get admission in ANM course in West Bengal nursing colleges.
PDF For Govt. Colleges list For ANM Nursing
Get West Bengali 13 Govt Nursing Colleges PDF from here.
How many ANM colleges are there in West Bengal?
According to the official ANM nursing college list of the West Bengal Nursing Council, there are 13 ANM nursing colleges in West Bengal.
How many seats for ANM in West Bengal in 2023?
According to the West Bengal Nursing Council, the total number of ANM Nursing seats in West Bengal is 960.
What is the fees of ANM course in Government colleges?
There is no admission fee for ANM courses in Government Nursing Colleges in West Bengal. Fess refers only to hostel accommodation and food fees which ranges from two to four thousand. This fee varies in different colleges.
Through this post, various information related to the ANM courses and names, addresses etc. of Government Nursing Colleges in West Bengal has been discussed. If our post has helped you, please share it with other students interested in nursing.
Join our WhatsApp group to get other information related to Nursing.
BSc graduate from Govt college. Love to write accurate articles with deep research. Book reading & new information gathering is my favorite hobby.