Name of Government B.Sc Nursing Colleges in West Bengal, Total Number of Seats, Salary of B.Sc Nurses, How to Get Admission in Government Colleges for B.Sc Nursing, Government Fees for B.Sc Nursing Course in West Bengal, Passing Marks Required for B.Sc Nursing And Eligibility for B.Sc Course in Government Nursing College of West Bengal – Answers to all these questions are discussed in this post.
After reading the complete article of the post, I believe you will not have any questions related to B.Sc Nursing. This post has been creat by focusing on all queries related to Government B.Sc Nursing Courses and searching multiple information from West Bengal Nursing Council and Swasthya Bhavan.
Table of Contents
26 Government Colleges in West Bengal For BS.c Nursing
|Institute Name||Institute Type||Course||Total Seats||Address|
|College of Nursing, R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||80||Bidhan Sarani, Shyam Bazar, Kolkata, W.B|
|College of Nursing, Asansole ESI Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||50||Gobindapur Sen Raleigh Road, Asansol, W.B|
|College of Nursing, Bankura Sammilani Medical College& Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||60||Kenduadihi, Bankura, W.B|
|College of Nursing, Burdwan Medical College and Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||70||Bardhaman University, Purba Bardhaman, W.B|
|College of Nursing, Medical College and Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||60||College St, Calcutta Medical College, College Square, Kolkata, W.B|
|College of Nursing, Medinipur Medical College Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||50||Vidyasagar Rd, Midnapore, W.B|
|College of Nursing, North Bengal Medical College and Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||60||Darjeeling Dist., Kwakhali, W.B|
|College of Nursing, NRS Medical College and Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||50||Sealdah, Raja Bazar, Kolkata, W.B|
|Govt. College of Nursing, I.D & B.G. Hospital Campus||Govt.||BS.c||75||Beleghata Main Rd, Beleghata, Kolkata, W.B|
|University C.O.N.College of Medicine and J.N.M. WBUHS||Govt.||BS.c||60||Kalyani, NadiaW.B|
|West Bengal Govt. College of Nursing, S.S.K.M. Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||65||Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Rd, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, W.B|
|Santiniketan Govt CON||Govt.||BS.c||100||Sabtiniketan, Birbhum Dist., W.B|
|Govt. CON Diamond Harbour MCH||Govt.||BS.c||100||Harindanga, Newtown, Diamond Harbour, South 24 Pgs|
|Govt CON, COM&Sagore Dutta Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||100||Barrackpore Trunk Rd, Kamarhati, Kolkata, W.B|
|Matangini Govt CON Tamluk DH||Govt.||BS.c||100||Tamluk, Purba Medinipur Dist., W.B|
|Govt. CON Murshidabad MCH||Govt.||BS.c||100||Berhampore, Murshidabad, W.b|
|Govt. CON Howrah DH, Howrah||Govt.||BS.c||60||Pratap Ghosh Sarani, Howrah Dist., W.B|
|Govt. CON Kharagpur S D Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||60||Kharagpur, Paschim Dist., Medinipur, W.B|
|Govt. CON Uluberia S D Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||60||Uluberia, Howrah, W.B|
|Govt CON, Deben Mahata Govt. Medical College & Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||100||Hatuara, Purulia, W.B|
|Govt CON, Rampurhat Govt. MCH||Govt.||BS.c||100||Rampurhat, Birbhum, W.B|
|Govt College of Nursing, Suri Sadar Hospital||Govt.||BS.c||50||Sabuj Palli, Suri, Birbhum Dist., W.B|
|College of Nursing, CNMCH||Govt.||BS.c||50||Gorachand Road, Kolkata, W.B|
|Govt College of Nursing, Serampore Walsh SDH& SSH||Govt.||BS.c||60||Serampore, Hooghly Dist., W.B|
|Department of Nursing Aliah University17||Govt.||BS.c||60||Gora Chand Road, Park Circus, Dist. Kolkata, W.B|
|Govt. College of Nursing, Serampore Walsh Super Speciality||Govt.||BS.c||60||Serampore, Hooghly, W.B|
The above table gives the name, addresses and seat numbers of all the Government B.Sc Nursing Colleges in West Bengal. All this information is correct and reliable. This information has been collected from West Bengal Nursing Council‘s official website. To know more you can check the official website (https://www.wbnc.in).
List of Government Colleges in West Bengal For BS.c Nursing
- College of Nursing, R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital
- College of Nursing, Asansole ESI Hospital
- College of Nursing, Bankura Sammilani Medical College& Hospital
- College of Nursing, Burdwan Medical College and Hospital
- College of Nursing, Medical College and Hospital
- College of Nursing, Medinipur Medical College Hospital
- College of Nursing, North Bengal Medical College and Hospital
- College of Nursing, North Bengal Medical College and Hospital
- College of Nursing, NRS Medical College and Hospital
- Govt. College of Nursing, I.D & B.G. Hospital Campus
- University C.O.N.College of Medicine and J.N.M. WBUHS
- West Bengal Govt. College of Nursing, S.S.K.M. Hospital
- Santiniketan Govt CON
- Govt. CON Diamond Harbour MCH
- Govt CON, COM&Sagore Dutta Hospital
- Matangini Govt CON Tamluk DH
- Govt. CON Murshidabad MCH
- Govt. CON Howrah DH, Howrah
- Govt. CON Kharagpur S D Hospital
- Govt. CON Uluberia S D Hospital
- Govt CON, Deben Mahata Govt. Medical College & Hospital
- Govt CON, Rampurhat Govt. MCH
- Govt College of Nursing, Suri Sadar Hospital
- College of Nursing, CNMCH
- Govt College of Nursing, Serampore Walsh SDH& SSH
- Department of Nursing Aliah University17
- Govt. College of Nursing, Serampore Walsh Super Speciality
To pursue a BS.c nursing course one has to give an entrance test, the name of this entrance test is JENPAS (UG). This JENPAS (UG) Exam Date, Eligibility to appear in the exam and the important things that students need to know while filling out the exam form are discussed.
Important instruction about JENPAS (UG)
- JENPAS (UG) form filling will be online. There is no provision for submission of the printed application forms.
- JENPAS (UG) form filling can be done only from the official website (www.wbjeeb.nic.in).
- Candidate must have a valid phone number and email id. Essential messages of the board will be sent to that registered phone number or email id.
- At the time of form filling, you should match the original documents (Admit card, mark sheet, photo identity card/income certificate, etc.) and fill the form correctly.
- After submitting the registration form some details such as (the mother’s name, father’s name, gender, domicile and date of birth) cannot be edited or changed. So fill out the form responsibly.
- Do not share the application number and password that will be given to you with anyone and keep a note.
- You can pay exam fees through UPI/credit card/debit card/Net Banking.
- The application fee for Paper-I is Rs.400 for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates and Rs.500 for all other candidates except this category candidates.
- Refunds will not be available after application fees have been paid.
- Keep a copy of the confirmation page and admit card that will be given to you safely.
- You will try to pay the application fee on time, payment may fail in the last few days.
Eligibility criteria for Appearing in JENPAS (UG) Examination
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a domicile in West Bengal.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years.
- Candidate should be born before 31/12/2006.
- Subjects of HS should include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Date of Examination JENPAS (UG)
JENPAS (UG) BS.c Nursing exam date is 11-06-2023 Sunday and the exam will be held from 11 am to 12.30 pm.
Eligibility Criteria for BS.c Nursing Admission
- JENPAS (UG) examination allows only women to take admitted for BS.c Nursing in Government Nursing Colleges.
- By JENPAS (UG) examination, both boys and girls can be admitted to private nursing colleges for BS.c Nursing.
- The maximum age limit for admission is 35 years.
- Candidates must pass the (10+2) Examination by any Recognized Board or Council.
- Must pass in English (10+2) system.
- EWS and General candidates must pass with 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
- For SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates should pass with 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
Is Hostel compulsory for BSc nursing in West Bengal?
“Is Hostel compulsory for BSc nursing in West Bengal?” If you ask me this question, I will say that it depends entirely on you. If your college is near home and you can commute daily, then you don’t need to take a hostel. On the other hand, if your college is too far from your home location, you may be unable to commute regularly. In this case, you have to stay in the hostel.
Benefits of staying in a hostel:
- Anytime you may need to go to college, if you stay in a hostel then you can go to college very easily.
- If you are tired after doing ward duty or any other work of college then you will feel bored to come home, if you stay in a hostel you can rest in your hostel anytime.
This was my opinion on the necessity of hostel accommodation while pursuing a B.Sc nursing course in West Bengal. Finally, it can be said that staying in a hostel is not mandatory it totally depends on you which one you are more comfortable with.
In some colleges, this may be a little different. Finally, I would say that if you stay in a hostel, your travel time will be saved, you will not have to work hard and you will be able to participate in various college activities very quickly.
But if you love home and family like me, staying in a hostel will be a little difficult and upsetting at first.
How many Government seats are there in BSc Nursing in West Bengal?
According to the West Bengal Nursing Council, the total number of seats for B.Sc Nursing in West Bengal is 1840.
What is the fees of BSc nursing course in West Bengal government college?
According to the Nursing branch Swasthya Bhavan B.Sc nursing fees structure of 2021 in all government nursing colleges of West Bengal, first-year fees are 409 rupees, second-year fees are 399 rupees, third-year fees are 404 rupees and fourth-year fees are 404 rupees.
Total fees for 4 years is 1616 rupees. Therefore B.Sc nursing course fees in government nursing colleges of West Bengal is Rs.1616. Apart from this, every month hostel and food cost is Rs.4000.
How can I get admission in BSc nursing Government College in West Bengal?
To take admission in B.Sc Nursing Government College in West Bengal you have to first fill out the form for JENPAS(UG) exam. After passing the JENPAS(UG) exam you can take admission in various government B.Sc nursing colleges of West Bengal according to your ranking.
There are certain qualifications that you must possess to get admission in B.Sc Nursing in West Bengal Government Nursing Colleges. These qualifications are:
Only women are eligible for admission in West Bengal Government B.Sc Nursing. Men will not get admission in government colleges in B.Sc Nursing.
The maximum age limit for admission is 35 years.
The admission candidate must have passed the (10+2) examination by any recognized board or council.
Subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be passed with 45 percent marks (for only general and EWS candidates).
Subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology should be passed with 40 percent (for only SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) marks.
Candidates must pass English subjects through the 10+2 system.
If you have these qualifications and a good ranking in JENPAS(UG) exam, you can easily get admission for B.Sc Nursing in West Bengal Government Colleges.
How many BSc nursing colleges are there in West Bengal?
According to West Bengal Nursing Council, the total number of BSc Nursing Colleges in West Bengal is 86. Among them, the number of government BSc nursing colleges is 26 and the number of private BSc nursing colleges is 60.
What is the passing marks of B.Sc nursing?
The passing marks required for the BSc nursing course is 40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates and 45% for general and EWS candidates.
What is the salary of BSc nursing in West Bengal Government?
After completing a four-year course of BSc Nursing in West Bengal government job salary is more than 30 thousand. You can work as a nursing officer or staff nurse in the government. If you work in grade 2, you can get a salary of 34 to 35 thousand per month. Also, you can get Central Govt jobs in which the salary amount is slightly higher than ANM and GNM.
Also, B.Sc nurses can get jobs in private institutes here the salary is 20 to 25 thousand though it depends on which city you are doing and what kind of private institute you are doing the job at.
What is the full marks of BSc nursing entrance exam?
BSc Nursing entrance exam JENPAS(UG) full marks is 115 marks.
Join our WhatsApp group to get other information related to Nursing.
BSc graduate from Govt college. Love to write accurate articles with deep research. Book reading & new information gathering is my favorite hobby.